Subject: Re: [PATCH 10/10] ieee802154: add at86rf230/rf231 spi driver

From: Marcel Holtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:21:33 +0200

Hi Holger,

> > I thought about drivers/net as about ip (well, more or less)
> > network drivers. We have drivers/atm or drivers/bluetooth (and
> > bluetooth is 802.15.1...).
> 
> I actually like that this is drivers/bluetooth and not 
> drivers/ieee802151. Would you consider drivers/zigbee instead of 
> drivers/ieee802154 ???

I fully agree here.

Please use "zigbee" instead of "ieee*" names since that can become messy
and confusing. I know that in theory the IEEE part of ZigBee is more
low-level radio and could be used by non-ZigBee devices, but that is not
gonna happen anyway. Especially with Bluetooth Low Energy pushing into
the turf of ZigBee. So please use proper names and not confuse people
with IEEE numbers ;)

Regards

Marcel

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html