Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/12] Gigaset driver patches for 2.6.32

From: Daniel Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 20:47:57 -0700

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 00:32 +0200, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Daniel Walker wrote 07.09.09 16:30:
> > Yeah, it looks like the whole file needs a checkpatch clean up..
> Sounds
> like your not willing to do that?
> 
> It's not a question of willingness. You may notice I did a lot of
> cleanup work already. But it's very time consuming work, and there has
> been more important work to attend to first.
> 
> > Usually if a checkpatch cleanup comes
> first prior to all your other changes , it doesn't usually cloud the
> rest of the changes..
> 
> Sure. But that would mean postponing the merging of bugfixes until
> someone finds the time to do a complete checkpatch cleanup of the
> affected code. I don't think that's a sensible approach.

You shouldn't be adding any new checkpatch errors, but you currently
are .. Just clean up the individual patches w/o the entire gigaset
driver, that should be do-able (it's even a basic submission
requirement). The other issue is that your adding new files which aren't
clean, those can certainly be cleaned up.

Daniel