Subject: Re: [RFC-PATCH] dhcp provisioning support in cxgb3i

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:06:54 +0000

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 18:46 +0530, Rakesh Ranjan wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> 
> Herein attached patches for having dhcp provisioning support in
> cxgb3i. 
> I have added one new iscsi netlink message ISCSI_UEVENT_REQ_IPCONF. 
> Please have a look and share suggestions.
[...]

Why does cxgb3i need its very own DHCP client?  This seems like
something that's generically useful to firmware-based iSCSI adapters.

(It would be better still if this could be left to user-space, but
although a user-space program could send out requests on the net device
using the iSCSI device's MAC address, I don't see how it would get
replies.)

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.