Subject: Re: [stable] [PATCH] be2net: Bug fix to support newer generation of BE ASIC

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:55:56 +0000

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 15:28 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:20:28PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 14:51 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> > > On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:40:29PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > [...]
> > > > Also, you should either send this patch to [email-masked], or NAK the
> > > > addition of PCI ids for BladeEngine 3 in 2.6.32.7.
> > > 
> > > Why?  How does the pci id patch for 2.6.32.7 matter with this change?
> > 
> > Because it looks like the devices being added won't work without this.
> 
> Hm, what is "this"?  I seem to have been lost on this thread.

The patch I was replying to
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/150441> changes I/O setup
for be2net to use PCI BAR 0 on the new device whereas it uses BAR 1 on
older devices.

> Care to explain it better?  2.6.32.7 is now out with the pci ids, so if
> I need to add something else for the next .32-stable kernel, please let
> me know.

Well that will be for Ajit to sort out.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings
You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?