Subject: Re: NETIF_F_FRAGLIST and NETIF_F_SG difference

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 02:51:58 +0000

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 17:40 -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:58:41 +0000
> 
> > (I don't know why there are two ways of adding extra data.  The latter
> > does not seem to be used often.)
> 
> It's the most efficient way to handle IPv4/IPv6 fragmentation and
> reassembly.

But fragmentation results in a series of packets to be transmitted
separately (not gathered) and reassembly is only done at endpoints.  So
when would we see a fragment list on the transmit path?

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.