Subject: Re: [PATCHv3] drivers/net/usb: Add new driver ipheth

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 00:28:30 +0100

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 16:25 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 12:18:58AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 21:42 +0200, L. Alberto Gim??nez wrote:
[...]
> > > +#include <linux/usb.h>
> > > +#include <linux/workqueue.h>
> > > +
> > > +#define USB_VENDOR_APPLE        0x05ac
> > > +#define USB_PRODUCT_IPHETH     0x1290
> > > +#define USB_PRODUCT_IPHETH_3G   0x1292
> > > +#define USB_PRODUCT_IPHETH_3GS  0x1294
> > 
> > Apple doesn't assign device ids to ipheth so either the names are
> > incorrect or you should get proper device ids.  I believe the Linux
> > Foundation has a USB vendor id and could assign device ids under that.
> 
> You mean there is an application on the iphone that sets the device id
> here?  I thought this was the iphone device ids already assigned to
> apple.
[...]

That's why my first suggestion was that the names are incorrect; they
should probably include IPHONE not IPHETH.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.