Subject: Re: UDP path MTU discovery

From: Glen Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 16:11:58 +1030

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 02:55 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > What we need is an API for an instant notification that a ICMP Packet
> > Too Big message has arrived concerning the socket.
> 
> That already exists of course: IP_RECVERR

Hi Andi,

So what should I code?  The suggested EMSGSIZE or your suggestion
of grabbing all returning ICMP and parsing it?  Noting that the
second choice is pretty ugly.  That both seem specific to Linux is
frustrating, but that is life -- adding support for an operating
system seems to inevitably add #ifdefs for this sort of code.

Let me know and I'll code it into FreeRADIUS and radsecproxy and
I'll see how they go with 802.1x requests over IPv6.

Thanks so much for your time, Glen

-- 
 Glen Turner
 www.gdt.id.au/~gdt