Subject: Re: Pull request: bluetooth-next-2.6 2010-05-10

From: Marcel Holtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:41:09 +0200

Hi Dave,

> > this is the big merge for the L2CAP Enhanced Retransmission support work
> > done by Gustavo F. Padovan. All other changes are small cleanups.
> 
> Yeah, "big", as in "too big".
> 
> Please sync with me more often so you don't have to obliterate the
> list with unacceptable 64 posting patch bombs.  Nobody is going to
> really review such a huge patch set in any serious manner, which
> makes posting those patches almost worthless.
> 
> Anything more than about 10 or 20 at a time is way too much.

normally we don't have any big changes in the Bluetooth kernel side.
This is the first one that adds a big set of features. And it is limited
to the L2CAP layer. I took it out of last kernel release since it was
incomplete and would not have been useful. Right now it is in a stage
where it becomes usable. Only new profiles like the Health Medical stuff
is making use of these features for now. However in the future more and
more profile will requires support for it.

The number of patches are not getting smaller. Except I arbitrarily
merge them together. I am not planning to do that since I think it is
not a good idea at all. And the patches have been reviewed by João Paulo
Rechi Vita who worked with Gustavo on these changes.

So do you want to postpone this for 2.6.35 merge window?

Regards

Marcel