Subject: RE: [RFC PATCH v8 00/16] Provide a zero-copy method on KVM virtio-net.

From: Shirley Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 08:50:20 -0700

Hello Xiaohui,

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 16:48 +0800, Xin, Xiaohui wrote:
> May you share me with your performance results (including BW and
> latency)on 
> vhost-net and how you get them(your configuration and especially with
> the affinity 
> settings)? 

My macvtap zero copy is incomplete, I am testing sendmsg only now. The
initial performance is not good especially for latency (zero copy vs.
copy). I am still working on it to find out why and how to improve.
That's the reason I am eager to know your performance results and how
much performance gain you have seen.

Since your patch has completed. I would try your patch here for
performance. If you have some performance results to share here that
would be great.

Thanks
Shirley