Subject: Re: mac80211 using different tx queue for frames with same TID and RA

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:11:20 +0200

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 16:01 +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote:

> while debugging an issue in rt2x00 I've discovered that in some cases frames
> with the same TID and RA end up in different tx queues (which causes problems
> in rt2x00 when using aggregation).
> 
> Is this behavior expected and we need to handle that case in rt2x00 or is it
> more likely a bug? At least I thought the select_queue implementation in
> mac80211 was meant to always pick the same tx queue for skbs with the same
> priority and hence it shouldn't happen that frames with the same TID are
> queued into different tx queues.

Indeed, that seems like a bug. I don't see how this can happen though,
since the code _appears_ to not use the sk_tx_queue_mapping when an
ndo_select_queue method is present.

johannes

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html