Subject: [PATCH v2] drivers/net/tulip/de4x5.c

From: Dan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:43:18 -0400

Fixed formatting (tabs and line breaks).

This was previously reported as a security issue due to leakage of
uninitialized stack memory.  Jeff Mahoney pointed out that this is
incorrect since the copied data is from a union (rather than a struct).
Therefore, this patch is only under consideration for the sake of
correctness, and is not security relevant. 

Signed-off-by: Dan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Grant Grundler <[email-masked]>

--- linux-2.6.35.4.orig/drivers/net/tulip/de4x5.c	2010-08-26 19:47:12.000000000 -0400
+++ linux-2.6.35.4/drivers/net/tulip/de4x5.c	2010-09-14 21:26:52.499474207 -0400
@@ -5474,7 +5474,7 @@ de4x5_ioctl(struct net_device *dev, stru
 	tmp.lval[6] = inl(DE4X5_STRR); j+=4;
 	tmp.lval[7] = inl(DE4X5_SIGR); j+=4;
 	ioc->len = j;
-	if (copy_to_user(ioc->data, tmp.addr, ioc->len)) return -EFAULT;
+	if (copy_to_user(ioc->data, tmp.lval, ioc->len)) return -EFAULT;
 	break;
 
 #define DE4X5_DUMP              0x0f /* Dump the DE4X5 Status */