Subject: Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:19:07 +0100

On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 18:32 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> Last pull request before 2.6.37-rc1, I really wanted to get your
> sendto/recvfrom patch in here as well as the RDS fixes.
> 
> I did a bunch of tests with the various I/O calls using different
> lengths, like 10, (2^31 - 1), 2^31, 2^32, and larger on 64-bit and it
> all seems to be doing the right thing at least with TCP and UDP.
[...]
> 7) RDS fixes from you and Andy Grover.
[...]

Aren't the generic length limiting changes (8acfe46 and 253eacc) also
supposed to cover the overflow issues with TIPC?  Or are those still
unfixed?

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.