Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2 v7] xps: Transmit Packet Steering

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:12:43 +0000

On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 15:17 -0800, Tom Herbert wrote:
[...]
> Each transmit queue can be associated with a number of CPUs which will
> use the queue to send packets.  This is configured as a CPU mask on a
> per queue basis in:
> 
> /sys/class/net/eth<n>/queues/tx-<n>/xps_cpus
> 
> The mappings are stored per device in an inverted data structure that
> maps CPUs to queues.  In the netdevice structure this is an array of
> num_possible_cpu structures where each structure holds and array of
> queue_indexes for queues which that CPU can use.
[...]

I was thinking we could also use CPU reverse-mapping from IRQ affinity
to set this up automatically - maybe leaving an option for manual
override?

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.