Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ifb: move tq from ifb_private

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 11:08:01 -0500

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 16:40 +0100, Jarek Poplawski wrote:

> Hmm... But we didn't care until now... ;-) 

Well, if Changli didnt post - there would be no discussion ;->
The message was lost in the translation somewhere; events such as
patches sometimes serve as good reminders.

> Btw. is it really very
> probable (and worth bothering) that this current error of NULL dev
> get fixed before we purge this tq queue with deferral one by one?

Indeed - this is working against something buggy. But it has happened
often in the past. And the likelihood of there being a few bad ones
in the train of packets when this occurs is high. But there are many
packets there that wont suffer this sympton - so the only fair scheme is
to check all. Note: a BUG() seems unreasonable and the deferring  serves
as a throttling scheme.
What do you have in mind?

cheers,
jamal