Subject: Re: [NETWORK] Firmware file for tehuti

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:04:51 +0000

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 15:04 +0800, Joe Jin wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Regarding firmware for driver tehuti, it request firmware name is
> tehuti/firmware.bin,
> but from kernel source found no such file but have tehuti/bdx.bin.ihex,
> so the firmware
> should be bdx.bin rather than firmware.bin?

Yes it should.  I'm sorry for this mistake.

My first version of the patch to use request_firmware() used
"tehuti/firmware.bin".  I then found Jaswinder's patch at
<http://git.infradead.org/users/jaswinder/firm-jsr-2.6.git?a=commitdiff;h=e41f3e5f8c5110871e376a2566b8eea2932b813b>,
which used the name "tehuti/bdx.bin".  For some reason I changed the
name of the firmware file in my patch to match that, but not the code.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.