Subject: Re: Question on RX packet classification in ethtool userspace

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:19:29 +0000

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 14:52 -0800, Duyck, Alexander H wrote:
> So I was looking into the option of replacing the ETHTOOL_GRXNTUPLE
> call with something like ETHTOOL_GRXCLSRLALL and it seems like I
> wasn't having much luck finding the userspace implementation in the
> ethtool.

I wasn't aware until now that there was a public implementation!

> I eventually found a patch in patchwork at
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/23223/ which is supposed to add
> support but the current ethtool git tree doesn't appear to contain
> this code.  I was wondering if I am missing something and it is on a
> branch somewhere, or is this something that was not applied to the
> userspace for some specific reason?

Thanks for digging this up.  It's not in any branch that I know of.  I'm
about to go on vacation, but I'll look at it when I get back.  I would
appreciate it if someone would refresh the patch against current ethtool
(preferably reusing some of the functions added for the RX n-tuple
operations).

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.