Subject: Re: Bug#609538: r8169: long delay during resume

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 03:20:03 +0000

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 10:04 +0700, Daniel J Blueman wrote:
> When resuming from suspended with 2.6.38-rc1 with my RTL8168d/8111d
> hardware, I see significant delays [1].
> 
> The only firmware I see in /lib/firmware is RTL8192E, thus it looks
> like this is due to it being not present.

If you're using Debian, the necessary blob is in the firmware-realtek
package.

> I see that Francois' patch is present in 2.6.38-rc1; is there a way to
> avoid this delay, or is this likely in request_firmware?
[...]

It's a known problem with calls to request_firmware() when userland is
not running (early initialisation or resume from sleep).  It may be
fixable.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.