Subject: Re: [net-next 08/12] ixgb: convert to new VLAN model

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:18:28 +1000

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 19:53 -0800, Jesse Gross wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Tantilov, Emil S
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
> > Sure, but I think a savvy user would always check the result of an
> > ethtool command (ie. `ethtool -K` followed with `ethtool -k`, -A/-a,
> > etc).
> 
> Probably, but it seems the less savviness required from the user the
> better.  Regardless, it doesn't affect anything here, it would just be
> a change to the userspace tool.

I am intending to modify ethtool so that it will report any other
offload settings that were changed automatically.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.