Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH V2 0/5] macvtap TX zero copy between guest and host kernel

From: Shirley Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:06:19 -0800

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 15:09 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> What's the status here?  Since there are core net changes, we'll need
> to
> see the final version soon if it's to appear in 2.6.39.

I am updating the patch and retesting it for the new kernel. I am trying
to understand why zero copy patch caused small message size guest exits
doubled.

> Could the problem be related to the patch
>         virtio_net: Add schedule check to napi_enable call
> ?

Not sure, I will retest w/i this patch.

> Also, I expect there should be driver patches for some
> devices? Where are they? 

Yes, a NET_F_ZEROCOPY... flag is introduced for the device we we want to
support zero copy.

Thanks
Shirley