Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/9] net: Unified offload configuration

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:29:31 +0000

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 15:22 +0100, Michał Mirosław wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 02:56:11PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
[...]
> > Please get rid of that annoying message spit out by netif_features_change(),
> > it's just spam.  If we want notifications for stuff like this, use a
> > non-unicast netlink message so those who want to hear it can do so.
> 
> You mean netdev_update_features() "Features changed" message? Is it ok
> to just demote it to DEBUG level or you want to remove it altogether?
> What about netdev_fix_features() messages?

I think you need to emit these messages at 'error' severity when fixing
up features for a newly-added device, but at 'debug' later on.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.