Subject: [PATCH ethtool 0/5] Add --version option and fix some bugs in show_usage()

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:16:49 +0000

Every command-line tool needs a --version option, right?  And while
looking at the existing option parsing and usage messages I found and
fixed some bugs.

Ben.

Ben Hutchings (5):
  ethtool: Split show_usage() into two functions
  ethtool: Report an error if given an unrecognised option
  ethtool: Allow for long options with no short option and without a
    device name
  ethtool: Indent the no-options usage line consistently with the
    others
  ethtool: Add --version option

 ethtool.8.in |    5 ++
 ethtool.c    |  165 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------------
 2 files changed, 95 insertions(+), 75 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.3.4

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.