Subject: Re: [PATCH V12 3/4] ptp: Added a clock driver for the IXP46x.

From: John Stultz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:43:00 -0700

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 08:58 +0100, Richard Cochran wrote:
> This patch adds a driver for the hardware time stamping unit found on the
> IXP465. The basic clock operations and an external trigger are implemented.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
> Acked-by: John Stultz <[email-masked]>

My ack is still fine, but found a few more nits to consider on another
pass... 

> +static int match(struct sk_buff *skb, u16 uid_hi, u32 uid_lo, u16 seq)
[snip]
> +static void do_rx_timestamp(struct port *port, struct sk_buff *skb)
[snip]
> +static u64 sys_time_read(struct ixp46x_ts_regs *regs)
[snip]
> +static void sys_time_write(struct ixp46x_ts_regs *regs, u64 ns)

I know these are static, but these function names are sort of generic
names, and make grep/cscoping for similar sounding functions a little
noisy. 

Maybe add a ipx_ prefix just to be more obvious?

thanks
-john