Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/13] Swap-over-NBD without deadlocking

From: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:50:49 +0200

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 15:46 +0100, Mel Gorman wrote:
> 
> I did find that only a few route-cache entries should be required. In
> the original patches I worked with, there was a reservation for the
> maximum possible number of route-cache entries. I thought this was
> overkill and instead reserved 1-per-active-swapfile-backed-by-NFS.

Right, so the thing I was worried about was a route-cache poison attack
where someone would spam the machine such that it would create a lot of
route cache entries and might flush the one we needed just as we needed
it.

Pinning the one entry we need would solve that (if possible).

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Fight unfair telecom internet charges in Canada: sign http://stopthemeter.ca/
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>