Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add error check to hex2bin().

From: Mimi Zohar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:52:46 -0400

(sorry for re-posting, but this doesn't seem to have made it to the
lists.)

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 00:18 +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > What about making it return the number of unprocessed bytes left instead?
> > Then the caller knows where the problem lies. And zero would mean success.
> If I remember correctly it used to be src as return value in some
> version of that patch. I don't know the details of that interim
> solution. My current opinion is to return boolean and make an
> additional parameter to return src value. However, it could make this
> simple function fat.
> P.S. Take into account that the user of it is only one so far, I would
> like to hear a Mimi's opinion.
> 

Trusted/encrypted keys are not in a critical code path. They're used for
loading/storing key blobs from userspace.  From a trusted/encrypted key
perspective, it doesn't make much of a difference.

thanks,

Mimi