Subject: Re: 802.3ad bonding aggregator reselection

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:46:00 -0700

Veli-Matti Lintu <[email-masked]> wrote:

>2016-06-20 17:11 GMT+03:00 zhuyj <[email-masked]>:
>> 5. Switch Configuration
>> =======================
>>
>>         For this section, "switch" refers to whatever system the
>> bonded devices are directly connected to (i.e., where the other end of
>> the cable plugs into).  This may be an actual dedicated switch device,
>> or it may be another regular system (e.g., another computer running
>> Linux),
>>
>>         The active-backup, balance-tlb and balance-alb modes do not
>> require any specific configuration of the switch.
>>
>>         The 802.3ad mode requires that the switch have the appropriate
>> ports configured as an 802.3ad aggregation.  The precise method used
>> to configure this varies from switch to switch, but, for example, a
>> Cisco 3550 series switch requires that the appropriate ports first be
>> grouped together in a single etherchannel instance, then that
>> etherchannel is set to mode "lacp" to enable 802.3ad (instead of
>> standard EtherChannel).
>
>The ports are configured in switch settings (HP Procurve 2530-48G) in
>same trunk group (TrkX) and trunk group type is set as LACP.
>/proc/net/bonding/bond0 also shows that the three ports belong to same
>aggregator and bandwidth tests also support this. In my understanding
>Procurve's trunk group is pretty much the same as etherchannel in
>Cisco's terminology. The bonded link comes always up properly, but
>handling of links going down is the problem. Are there known
>differences between different vendors there?

	I did the original LACP reselection testing on a Cisco switch,
but I have an HP 2530 now; I'll test it later today or tomorrow and see
if it behaves properly, and whether your proposed patch is needed.

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, [email-masked]