Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] net: add dev_loopback_xmit() to avoid duplicate code

From: Michel Machado <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:23:33 -0400

>I'm getting really tired of saying this.
>
>As I announced several days ago, it is absolutely not appropriate
>to submit patches other than bug fixes at this time because we are
>in the merge window and the net-next tree is frozen.
>
>And even once I do announce here that the net-next tree is open
>once more, and patches like this one are appropriate, you must
>indicate in the subject line which of the 'net' or 'net-next'
>tree you are targetting your patch at.
>
>Please pay attention to what's going on, and what state the networking
>development trees are in, before submitting changes.

I am sorry. I'm still new to this process, and I clearly haven't found
my way yet. Accept my apology and consider that others making the same
mistake are likely trying to find their ways as well. Rest sure that I
do appreciate your time and work, I'll pay more attention on those time
windows.

Just to avoid bothering you further, should I resend this patch or not?
I saw at the link below that it's already marked as "Deferred".

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/160929/

Is there a link where I can check the state (i.e. open, frozen) of 'net'
and 'net-next' trees? I think keeping such page, and adding this link to
Documentation/SubmittingPatches would reduce similar mistakes.

-- 
[ ]'s
Michel Machado