Subject: Re: [PATCH 14/15] netpoll: re-enable irq in poll_napi()

From: Cong Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:28:40 +0800

On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 12:43 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> 
> This commit (6bdb7fe3104 in mainline) makes my netconsole-using x86_64
> box lock up during boot.  Dunno why, but I do have a cellphone:
> http://ozlabs.org/~akpm/stuff/IMG_20120824_122054.jpg
> 

Thanks for the report!

Sylvain reported a CPU stall problem which is probably caused by this
commit too.

This commit is to fix another issue, that is, we call be_process_mcc()
which calls spin_lock_bh() with IRQ disabled, this leads to a warning
in:

static inline void _local_bh_enable_ip(unsigned long ip)
{
        WARN_ON_ONCE(in_irq() || irqs_disabled());
	...
}

I think I should just fix be_process_mcc(), instead of re-enabling IRO
for all ->poll callbacks.

I will send a patch to David soon.