Subject: Re: [RFT] vxlan: listen on multiple ports

From: Cong Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:51:13 +0800

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 14:37 -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> The earlier change to introduce per-vxlan UDP port configuration did only
> half the necessary work. It added per vxlan destination for sending, but
> overlooked the handling of multiple ports for incoming, which means it
> is broken.
> 
> This patch changes the listening port management to handle multiple
> incoming UDP ports. The earlier per-namespace structure is now a hash
> list per namespace.
> 
> It is also now possible to define the same virtual network id
> but with different UDP port values.
> 

Besides fixing the default port issue, what other benefits does it have?
This seems overkill.

It looks like you make one socket per port, after my IPv6 patches, we
would have two sockets per port...