Subject: pull request: batman-adv 20140322

From: Antonio Quartulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:56:00 +0100

Hello David,

here you have our patchset for net-next/linux-3.15.
They are 16 patches but most of them are just small cleanups and kerneldoc
improvements.

The only big change is the one from patch 8 to 13 by Linus Lüssing that
introduces a new multicast packets optimisation. This new component aims to
reduce the air overhead by sending multicast packets as bat-unicast
when only one destination exists or by dropping them directly at the source if
the multicast group is totally empty.

In patch 11 Linus introduces an atomic_t variable, that like others that we
already have is only object of write and read, thus making the atomic
characteristic totally useless.
Unfortunately this is part of our sysfs framework, that helps the developer to
introduce new knobs by using few macros only. For this reason we decided to keep
Linus' new knob for now, but I'd like to let you know that we are in the process
of re-working such framework in order to convert all the current (useless)
atomic_t to boolean in one go.

Please pull or let me know of any problem!

Thanks a lot,
	Antonio

The following changes since commit 65025079d2ddb8091d30b356c0b0f79a8d2254c4:

  Merge branch 'ptp-next' (2014-03-21 14:21:45 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.open-mesh.org/linux-merge.git tags/batman-adv-for-davem

for you to fetch changes up to 3f2532fcde67faf496fa21c5c04c5e8cf73c9e01:

  batman-adv: Start new development cycle (2014-03-22 09:18:59 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Included changes:
- use ether_addr_copy instead of memcpy when possible
- implement new multicast packet optimisation
- improve several kerneldoc sections
- minor code cleanups

----------------------------------------------------------------
Antonio Quartulli (4):
      batman-adv: prefer ether_addr_copy to memcpy
      batman-adv: add kerneldoc for dst_hint argument
      batman-adv: improve the TT flags documentation
      batman-adv: improve DAT documentation

Fengguang Wu (1):
      batman-adv: fix coccinelle warnings

Linus Lüssing (8):
      batman-adv: use vlan_/eth_hdr() instead of skb->data in interface_tx path
      batman-adv: remove obsolete skb_reset_mac_header() in batadv_bla_tx()
      batman-adv: Multicast Listener Announcements via Translation Table
      batman-adv: introduce capability initialization bitfield
      batman-adv: Announce new capability via multicast TVLV
      batman-adv: Modified forwarding behaviour for multicast packets
      batman-adv: Add IPv4 link-local/IPv6-ll-all-nodes multicast support
      batman-adv: Send multicast packets to nodes with a WANT_ALL flag

Marek Lindner (1):
      batman-adv: call unregister_netdev() to have it handle the locking for us

Simon Wunderlich (2):
      batman-adv: fix a few kerneldoc inconsistencies
      batman-adv: Start new development cycle

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-net-mesh |   9 +
 net/batman-adv/Kconfig                         |   9 +
 net/batman-adv/Makefile                        |   1 +
 net/batman-adv/bat_iv_ogm.c                    |  10 +-
 net/batman-adv/bridge_loop_avoidance.c         |  35 +-
 net/batman-adv/distributed-arp-table.c         |   9 +-
 net/batman-adv/distributed-arp-table.h         |   3 +
 net/batman-adv/fragmentation.c                 |   4 +-
 net/batman-adv/gateway_client.c                |   8 +-
 net/batman-adv/icmp_socket.c                   |  11 +-
 net/batman-adv/main.c                          |  19 +-
 net/batman-adv/main.h                          |   4 +-
 net/batman-adv/multicast.c                     | 748 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/batman-adv/multicast.h                     |  80 +++
 net/batman-adv/network-coding.c                |  26 +-
 net/batman-adv/originator.c                    |  11 +-
 net/batman-adv/packet.h                        |  53 +-
 net/batman-adv/routing.c                       |  17 +-
 net/batman-adv/send.c                          |  31 +-
 net/batman-adv/send.h                          |   7 +
 net/batman-adv/soft-interface.c                |  48 +-
 net/batman-adv/sysfs.c                         |   6 +
 net/batman-adv/translation-table.c             | 140 +++--
 net/batman-adv/translation-table.h             |   2 +
 net/batman-adv/types.h                         |  90 ++-
 25 files changed, 1237 insertions(+), 144 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 net/batman-adv/multicast.c
 create mode 100644 net/batman-adv/multicast.h