Subject: Re: [PATCH] Revert "ipw2200: select CFG80211_WEXT"

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 11:20:21 +0100

On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 11:12 +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2015, Johannes Berg wrote:
> 
> > Well, see the big thread over there with the revert that I'm tempted to
> > not even read ...
> 
> I'd actually like to hear from you whether you share Emmanuel's point of 
> view that my revert of your patch was inappropriate; I was really 
> surprised that there might be even questions about that, given the obvious 
> userspace wreckage.

Let's not pollute this thread with that though ... :-)

I agree that the revert was the right thing to do, but from what I saw
when I briefly glimpsed at part of the thread during my vacation (and
then deciding I didn't want to deal with it then) a lot has been said in
the thread that is completely wrong. I may not care enough to correct it
though.

johannes