Subject: Re: [PATCH] wireless extensions should default to Y

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:41:55 +0100

On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 11:19 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Do we need following patch on top of
> 24a0aa212ee2dbe44360288684478d76a8e20a0a revert?
> 
> I updated kernel today, and (probably because extensions were not
> selectable before), the default choice was "N", which is wrong:
> oldconfig should result in compatible choices being made, for example
> to help bisect.

I don't believe we need this. It has been defaulting to N for a long
time, it's just that it got thrown out of your config due to building
inbetween the patch and its revert. Had you built only before and after
that wouldn't be an issue.

If we default to Y now we send the wrong signal. If you really need to
bisect something wext related you have far bigger issues I'd think, the
code hasn't changed *forever*.

johannes

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html