Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] mac80211: silent build warnings

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 08:41:47 +0100

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 15:04 +0800, Ying Xue wrote:
> Silent the following build warnings:
> 
> net/mac80211/mlme.c: In function ‘ieee80211_rx_mgmt_beacon’:
> net/mac80211/mlme.c:1348:3: warning: ‘pwr_level_cisco’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
> net/mac80211/mlme.c:1315:6: note: ‘pwr_level_cisco’ was declared here

We seem to get this every year or so... just upgrade your compiler and
it will be smart enough to prove that it's wrong here.

I really *don't* want to shut up the compiler forcefully since it will
cause modern compilers to *not* warn if it actually *is* unused - and 0
is not a useful value - this code is tricky enough and we want compiler
help in case we need to modify it in the future.

johannes

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html