Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] bridge: fix bridge netlink RCU usage

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:51:32 +0100

Hi Roopa,

> My subsequent patch  in net-next related to this code, changes things a 
> bit (fed0a159c8c5e453d79d6a73897c576efea0a8a5 bridge: fix link 
> notification skb size calculation to include vlan ranges).

Yeah, I saw this, but thought the original patch had already gone to
net.git. Then later I found it hasn't but didn't remember ... sorry
about that.

> It reverts the use of this function which makes sure this is always 
> called under rtnl.
> But, I did add another version of this function in net-next which has 
> the same problem.
> Assuming that patch in net-next is on its way to net soon, am wondering 
> if fixing it in net-next is the right course.

Of course, this patch should then only ever be applied to net-next.

> I can apply your patch there and re-submit. Or if you prefer to 
> re-submit your patch on net-next that's great too.

I can resend it. I even have a pretty simple test case to reproduce the
failure :)

johannes