Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 13/14] wireless: Use eth_<foo>_addr instead of memset

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:16:50 +0100

On Tue, 2015-03-03 at 13:57 -0500, David Miller wrote:
> From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:16:57 +0100
> 
> > Other than that, I guess I'll apply this, but I really wish there was a
> > way to distinguish more easily which of these require alignment and
> > which don't.
> 
> You can't apply "this" without the dependency patch #1.

Actually, this is the first time I see patch #1, but since it depends on
HAVE_EFFICIENT_UNALIGNED_ACCESS it doesn't really matter, the functions
already exist.

I'm not even sure that the memset in patch #1 really gets more efficient
with the u32/u16 write (and if it does, why doesn't the compiler know
it) so I guess I'm not even sure I see much point in patch #1, but that
doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I don't mind if you want to take this directly either, just let
me know.

johannes