Subject: Re: [PATCH] staging: r8712u: Fix kernel warning for improper call of del_timer_sync()

From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 07:48:59 -0700

On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 07:14 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:07:59PM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> > As far as I understand, the Eudyptula Challenge list has
> > internal mechanisms to nominally review patches before some
> > patch is submitted to lkml.
> 
> No it does not.

That's not quite what was described to me by someone behind the
email address:
"Little Penguin <[email-masked]>" back in August.

What I understood from that email was there is a qualifying
formatting component to the challenge and then patches were to be
sent to maintainers and lists.

> > The main point is that patches shouldn't be applied without
> > being submitted to a more widely read list.
> 
> I take the blame for any problems with Outreachy patches.

Are you going to change any procedure associated to these
Outreachy patches?