Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/7] net: dsa: add new driver for ar8xxx family

From: Paul Bolle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:14:34 +0200

Just a nit: a license mismatch.

On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 18:42 -0700, Mathieu Olivari wrote:
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/drivers/net/dsa/ar8xxx.c

> + * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> + * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 and
> + * only version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
> + *
> + * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> + * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> + * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
> + * GNU General Public License for more details.

This states the license is GPL v2.

> +MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");

And this states, according to include/linux/module.h, that the license
is GPL v2 or later. So I think that either the comment at the top of
this file or the ident used in the MODULE_LICENSE() macro needs to
change.

Paul Bolle