Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/7] bridge: don't age out externally added FDB entries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:55:44 -0700

From: Scott Feldman <[email-masked]>

Siva originally proposed skipping externally added FDB entries in the bridge's
FDB garbage collection func, and moving the ageing of externally added entries
to the port driver/device.  This broke rocker, since rocker didn't have a
hardware (or software) mechanism for ageing out its learned FDB entries.

This patchset reintroduces Siva's bridge driver patch to skip externally added
entries and adds support in rocker so rocker can age out its own entries.
Rocker does this using a software timer similar to the bridge's FDB garbage
collection timer.  Other switchdev devices/drivers can use this software timer
method or program the device to nofity aged-out entries to the driver.

Updated switchdev.txt documentation to reflect current state-of-the-art.  This
removes one more XXX todo comment in switchdev.txt.

Scott Feldman (6):
  rocker: track when FDB entry is touched.
  rocker: store rocker_port in fdb key rather than pport
  rocker: adding port ageing_time for ageing out FDB entries
  bridge: define some min/max ageing time constants we'll use next
  rocker: add FDB cleanup timer
  switchdev: update documentation on FDB ageing_time

Siva Mannem (1):
  bridge: don't age externally added FDB entries

 Documentation/networking/switchdev.txt |   24 +++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/rocker/rocker.c   |   69 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 include/linux/if_bridge.h              |    4 ++
 net/bridge/br_fdb.c                    |    2 +
 4 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.10.4