Subject: [PATCH net-next V19 0/3] openvswitch: Add support for 802.1ad

From: Thomas F Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 13:08:19 -0400

V19: Rebased to latest net-next 4.3.0-rc6+
commit 6d08f617872cc048173d59f1ce4660b030bab5a6
plus a few reviewer's suggested changes.

Note: changes to netdev-vport.c are not included. dev_queue_xmit() is
now called directly as the send vport ops function and length
adjustments for vlans don't apply. I have concerns whether this is
correct but haven't review all the vport code. Reviewer's comments
are welcome.

V18: Patches 1 and 2 in this series have been acked from V17.

Patch 3 in the series includes some significant changes.
The patch includes fixes the decoding of the flow for the
outer tpid. Also, netlink parsing code has been consolidated to generalize
inner and outer vlans and non-mask and masked cases as much as possible.

V17,V16: Implement reviewer's comments.

V15: Implement reviewer comments.

V14: Add outer tpid to flow_key

V13: Fix incorrect encoding and decoding of netlink to/from key
attributes.

V12: Fix some problems and issues pointed out by reviewers. When parsing
netlink attributes Ether types other then 0x88a8 as outer tpid.

V11: Add inner tpid to flow key. Fix separate inner encap attribute
when parsing netlink attributes. Merge 2 patches to consolidate
qinq changes.

V10: Implement reviewer comments: Consolidate vlan parsing functions.
Splits netlink parsing and flow conversion into a separate patch. Uses
double encap attribute encapsulation for 802.1ad.  Netlink attributes
now look like this:

    eth_type(0x88a8),vlan(vid=100),encap(eth_type(0x8100), vlan(vid=200),
                             encap(eth_type(0x0800), ...))

The double encap atributes in this version of the patch is incompatible with
old versions of the user level 802.1ad patch. A new user level patch which
is also being submitted simultaneously to openvswitch dev mailing list.

V9:  Includes changes suggested by reviewers

V8:  Includes changes suggested by reviewers

V7:  Includes changes suggested by reviewers

V6:  Rebased to net-next

V5:  Use encapsulated attributes

For discussion, history  and previous versions of the kernel module
patch and the user code patch see the OVS dev mailing list,
openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/..

Thomas F Herbert (3):
  openvswitch: 802.1ad uapi changes.
  Check for vlan ethernet types for 8021.q or 802.1ad
  802.1AD: Flow handling, actions, vlan parsing and netlink attributes

 include/linux/if_vlan.h          |  16 +++
 include/uapi/linux/openvswitch.h |  17 +--
 net/openvswitch/actions.c        |   6 +-
 net/openvswitch/flow.c           |  76 ++++++++++---
 net/openvswitch/flow.h           |   8 +-
 net/openvswitch/flow_netlink.c   | 235 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 6 files changed, 276 insertions(+), 82 deletions(-)

-- 
2.4.3

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev