Subject: Re: [PATCH] i40e: Fix i40e_print_features() VEB mode output

From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 13:09:16 -0800

On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 15:48 -0500, David Miller wrote:
> From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]> 02 Dec 2015 02:12:29 -0800
> > On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 01:56 -0800, Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> >> On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 00:38 -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
> >> > Noticed-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]> 
> >> Don't you mean Reported-by?  I am not aware of Noticed-by as being a
> >> recognized signature. 
> > At least for the get_maintainer script, "-by:" is a signature
> Is patchwork using the same regexp?  If not, for the time being don't
> user non-standard tags, and furthermore please ask the patchwork folks
> to use something similar to getmaintainer.pl

It doesn't seem so.

    response_re = re.compile(
        r'^(Tested|Reviewed|Acked|Signed-off|Nacked|Reported)-by: .*$',
        re.M | re.I)

patchwork also doesn't seem very forgiving of misformatted signatures.
(btw: Junio Hamano seems to prefer calling them trailers)

And patchwork doesn't seem to handle "cc: " markers either.