Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: i40e: avoid unused function warnings

From: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 15:36:03 -0800

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 23:54 +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 January 2016 14:44:45 Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> > Yeah, I have a fix for that as well.
> > 
> > You can confirm by pulling my next-queue tree (dev-queue branch).
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jkirsher/next-
> queue.git d
> > ev-queue
> > 
> 
> I checked out that branch, but still see both warnings in that one,
> plus
> a new build error in igb, which I don't see in linux-next:
> 
> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_cdev.c: In function 'igb_mapring':
> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_cdev.c:150:2: error: implicit
> declaration of function 'set_pages_uc' [-Werror=implicit-function-
> declaration]
>   set_pages_uc(virt_to_page(ring->desc), ring->size >> PAGE_SHIFT);
>   ^
> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_cdev.c: In function
> 'igb_unmapring':
> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_cdev.c:275:2: error: implicit
> declaration of function 'set_pages_wb' [-Werror=implicit-function-
> declaration]
>   set_pages_wb(virt_to_page(ring->desc), ring->size >> PAGE_SHIFT);

Oops, I just realized I had not pushed my latest tree to kernel.org.

The igb issue still remains, I am working with the developer who
introduced the issue.  Looks like the i40e issue about possible
uninitialized variables still exists.  I thought we had resolved that
issue, but apparently not.

You should see Eric Dumazet's patch on the tree to resolve the other
i40e build warnings.

I can add your second patch to resolve the uninitialized variables to
my tree.