Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] lwt: fix rx checksum setting for lwt devices tunneling over ipv6

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:42:04 +0100

On Wed, 2016-02-17 at 11:19 -0800, Jesse Gross wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > the commit 35e2d1152b22 ("tunnels: Allow IPv6 UDP checksums to be
> > correctly controlled.") changed the default xmit checksum setting
> > for lwt vxlan/geneve ipv6 tunnels, so that now the checksum is not
> > set into external UDP header.
> > This commit changes the rx checksum setting for both lwt vxlan/geneve
> > devices created by openvswitch accordingly, so that lwt over ipv6
> > tunnel pairs are again able to communicate with default values.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
> 
> This is compat code that is being changed here. Based on the previous
> discussion, shouldn't these be made the default for all users?

This change was initially aimed at a smaller scope: use self consistent
default for ovs lwt devices/tunnel terminations.

If there is agreement, I can post a separate patch changing the default
rx checksum setting for plain vxlan and geneve[1] devices tunneling over
ipv6.

Paolo

[1] according to the ietf draft the geneve devices have the same
checksum requirement than vxlan ones