Subject: Re: [next-queue PATCH 2/3] ixgbe/ixgbevf: Add support for GSO partial

From: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 23:53:01 -0700

On Fri, 2016-04-08 at 17:06 -0400, Alexander Duyck wrote:
> This patch adds support for partial GSO segmentation in the case of
> tunnels.  Specifically with this change the driver an perform
> segmenation
> as long as the frame either has IPv6 inner headers, or we are allowed
> to
> mangle the IP IDs on the inner header.  This is needed because we
> will not
> be modifying any fields from the start of the start of the outer
> transport
> header to the start of the inner transport header as we are treating
> them
> like they are just a block of IP options.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c     |  105
> +++++++++++++-----
>  drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c |  123
> ++++++++++++++++-----
>  2 files changed, 172 insertions(+), 56 deletions(-)

Dropping this patch (and now the series) because this does not
compile...

[23:51:49 @jtkirshe-linux:next-queue]$ make -j 77 -s
Makefile:679: Cannot use CONFIG_KCOV: -fsanitize-coverage=trace-pc is
not supported by compiler
  DESCEND  objtool
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c: In function
‘ixgbevf_set_features’:
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c:3892:17: error:
‘NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  if (features & NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID)
                 ^
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c:3892:17: note: each
undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it
appears in
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c: In function
‘ixgbevf_probe’:
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c:4062:8: error:
‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘gso_partial_features’
  netdev->gso_partial_features = IXGBEVF_GSO_PARTIAL_FEATURES;
        ^
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c:4063:25: error:
‘NETIF_F_GSO_PARTIAL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  netdev->hw_features |= NETIF_F_GSO_PARTIAL |
                         ^
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c:4073:6: error:
‘NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID |
      ^
scripts/Makefile.build:291: recipe for target
'drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.o' failed
make[5]: *** [drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.o] Error
1
scripts/Makefile.build:440: recipe for target
'drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf' failed
make[4]: *** [drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf] Error 2
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c: In function
‘ixgbe_set_features’:
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c:8635:17: error:
‘NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  if (features & NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID)
                 ^
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c:8635:17: note: each
undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it
appears in
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c: In function
‘ixgbe_probe’:
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c:9350:8: error: ‘struct
net_device’ has no member named ‘gso_partial_features’
  netdev->gso_partial_features = IXGBE_GSO_PARTIAL_FEATURES;
        ^
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c:9351:22: error:
‘NETIF_F_GSO_PARTIAL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  netdev->features |= NETIF_F_GSO_PARTIAL |
                      ^
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c:9368:6: error:
‘NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      NETIF_F_TSO_MANGLEID |
      ^
scripts/Makefile.build:291: recipe for target
'drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.o' failed
make[5]: *** [drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.o] Error 1
scripts/Makefile.build:440: recipe for target
'drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe' failed
make[4]: *** [drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe] Error 2
scripts/Makefile.build:440: recipe for target
'drivers/net/ethernet/intel' failed
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/ethernet/intel] Error 2
scripts/Makefile.build:440: recipe for target 'drivers/net/ethernet'
failed
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/ethernet] Error 2
scripts/Makefile.build:440: recipe for target 'drivers/net' failed
make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
Makefile:962: recipe for target 'drivers' failed
make: *** [drivers] Error 2