Subject: Re: Configuring ethernet link fails with No such device

From: Bob Ham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 09:58:12 +0100

On Mon, 2016-04-11 at 15:46 -0700, Stefan Agner wrote:

> The FEC driver (fec_main.c) does not initialize phy_dev until the
> device
> has been opened, and therefor the callback
> fec_enet_(get|set)_settings
> returns -19.

I saw the same problem with the FEC driver.  From what I recall, it
became clear that there was a problem with the driver returning from
the eth device initialisation before the PHY was initialised, which
apparently is Bad and Wrong.

> Or in other words: Is this a Kernel or systemd issue?

From what I recall, both; an issue with the FEC driver, and issues in
systemd/udevd's handling of link-level settings.

-- 
Bob Ham <[email-masked]>
Software Engineer

Open First 
Collabora is hiring!
Please check out our latest opportunities here:
http://bit.ly/Collabora-Careers
<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
systemd-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel