Subject: Re: WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 2485 at drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/trans.c:1752 iwl_trans_pcie_grab_nic_access+0x110/0x120 [iwlwifi]

From: "Grumbach, Emmanuel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 19:53:04 +0000

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 17:43 +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 04:16:02AM +0000, Grumbach, Emmanuel wrote:
> > [1] 
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/backport-iwlwi
> > fi.git/
> 
> It is very strange to pull from this repo, git fetch is doing
> something
> for a while now without any forward progress.

This is not surprising at all. This tree is not a kernel tree, but
rather a backport tree. It doesn't contain anything besides the Wifi
stack and the backport code. It has no common commit with the Linux
kernel. I understand that you fetched this tree from a kernel tree but
that's not a good idea. Git will try to find a common ancestor but that
will fail... after a huge number of tentatives. You'd better clone it.

> In any case, 4.5 is bad too, testing 4.4 now.

Here you go.

> I 'm travelling currently
> so the whole bisection deal will take a whole but I'll get to it
> eventually.

I'll be glad to see something coming out of this, but I can't say I am
very optimistic.

> 
> Thanks for taking a look.
>