Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] net: macb: initialize checksum when using checksum

From: Helmut Buchsbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 15:57:24 +0200

When working on upgrading the v3.x kernels of our embedded devices
to more recent 4.x kernels we noticed some of our proprietary networking
stuff is broken. Further investigations brought up an issue with small
UDP packets (data payload <= 2), which contained wrong UDP header
checksums.
We tracked this down to commit 85ff3d87bf2ef1fadcde8553628c60f79806fdb4
net/macb: add TX checksum offload feature.

It turns out that (at least) Zynq's GEM needs the checksum field set to 0
to correctly calculate the checksum.

Changes since v1:
 - dropped disabling HW checksum offload for Zynq
 - initialize checksum similar to net/ethernet/freescale/fec_main.c

Helmut Buchsbaum (1):
  net: macb: initialize checksum when using checksum offloading

 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.c | 15 +++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 15 insertions(+)

-- 
2.1.4