Subject: (unknown)

From: Maciej Żenczykowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 03:52:22 -0700

Hi,

This patch series implements RFC7559 style backoff of IPv6 router
solicitation requests.

Patches 1 and 2 are minor cleanup and stand on their own.

Patch 3 allows a (potentially) infinite number of RS'es to be sent
when the rtr_solicits sysctl is set to -1 (this depends on patch 1).

Patch 4 is just boilerplate to add a new sysctl for the maximum
backoff period.

Patch 5 implements the backoff algorithm (and depends on the previous
patches).

Patches 6 and 7 switch the defaults over to enable this by default.

[PATCH v3 1/7] ipv6 addrconf: enable use of proc_dointvec_minmax in
[PATCH v3 2/7] ipv6 addrconf: remove addrconf_sysctl_hop_limit()
[PATCH v3 3/7] ipv6 addrconf: rtr_solicits == -1 means unlimited
[PATCH v3 4/7] ipv6 addrconf: add new sysctl
[PATCH v3 5/7] ipv6 addrconf: implement RFC7559 router solicitation
[PATCH v3 6/7] ipv6 addrconf: change default
[PATCH v3 7/7] ipv6 addrconf: change default MAX_RTR_SOLICITATIONS

Changes v2->v3:
  none

Changes v1->v2:
  avoid 64-bit divisions to fix 32-bit build errors