Subject: [PATCH v5 0/7] implement rfc7559 ipv6 router solicitation backoff

From: Maciej Żenczykowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 02:52:36 -0700

Hi,

This patch series implements RFC7559 style backoff of IPv6 router
solicitation requests.

Patches 1 and 2 are minor cleanup and stand on their own.

Patch 3 allows a (potentially) infinite number of RS'es to be sent
when the rtr_solicits sysctl is set to -1 (this depends on patch 1).

Patch 4 is just boilerplate to add a new sysctl for the maximum
backoff period.

Patch 5 implements the backoff algorithm (and depends on the previous
patches).

Patches 6 and 7 switch the defaults over to enable this by default
(defaults come from the RFC).

[PATCH v5 1/7] ipv6 addrconf: enable use of proc_dointvec_minmax in
[PATCH v5 2/7] ipv6 addrconf: remove addrconf_sysctl_hop_limit()
[PATCH v5 3/7] ipv6 addrconf: rtr_solicits == -1 means unlimited
[PATCH v5 4/7] ipv6 addrconf: add new sysctl
[PATCH v5 5/7] ipv6 addrconf: implement RFC7559 router solicitation
[PATCH v5 6/7] ipv6 addrconf: change default
[PATCH v5 7/7] ipv6 addrconf: change default MAX_RTR_SOLICITATIONS

Changes v4->v5:
  added 'const' qualifier to extra1/2 constants - requires (void*) casting
  switched away from shifts by 20 to do_div(..., 1000000)
  switched to variable names from the rfc, elaborated a bit in the comments

Changes v3->v4:
  added subject line to cover letter

Changes v2->v3:
  added cover letter

Changes v1->v2:
  avoid 64-bit divisions to fix 32-bit build errors