Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] IB/ipoib: move back IB LL address into the hard header

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 16:48:50 +0200

On Fri, 2016-10-14 at 13:23 +0300, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> 
> Paolo,
> 
> Is this fix backportable to any kernel since the breakage? 

yes, AFAIK this is beck-portable.

> AFAIR,
> Roland mentioned
> that a 2nd change introduced in 4.7-rc1 changed things a bit more such
> that the fix
> he had in his head didn't apply any more.

If you refer to shrinking both IPoIB and gso control buffer, as proposed
by Roland in:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=146787279825501&w=2

that will not work, since the gso control buffer is grown a bit since
the first time the bug was detected.

This patch does not have that sort of issue.

> I am still travelling after netdev and would like to put an eye on the
> patch and also see that @mellanox.com someone

Not sure if that helps, but a 3rd party has already confirmed privately
that this patch fixes the bug for them.

Paolo