Subject: [PATCH net 0/7] net: stmmac: fix probe error handling and phydev leaks

From: Johan Hovold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:29:48 +0100

This series fixes a number of issues with the stmmac-driver probe error
handling, which for example left clocks enabled after probe failures.

The final patch fixes a failure to deregister and free any fixed-link
PHYs that were registered during probe on probe errors and on driver
unbind. It also fixes a related of-node leak on late probe errors.

This series depends on the of_phy_deregister_fixed_link() helper that
was just merged to net.

As mentioned earlier, one staging driver also suffers from a similar
leak and can be fixed up once the above mentioned helper hits mainline.

Note that these patches have only been compile tested.

Johan

Johan Hovold (7):
  net: ethernet: stmmac: dwmac-socfpga: fix use-after-free on probe
    errors
  net: ethernet: stmmac: dwmac-sti: fix probe error path
  net: ethernet: stmmac: dwmac-rk: fix probe error path
  net: ethernet: stmmac: dwmac-generic: fix probe error path
  net: ethernet: stmmac: dwmac-meson8b: fix probe error path
  net: ethernet: stmmac: platform: fix outdated function header
  net: ethernet: stmmac: fix of-node and fixed-link-phydev leaks

 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-generic.c    | 17 ++++++++--
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-ipq806x.c    | 25 ++++++++++----
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-lpc18xx.c    | 17 ++++++++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-meson.c  | 23 ++++++++++---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-meson8b.c    | 32 +++++++++++++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-rk.c     | 21 +++++++++---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c    | 39 ++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sti.c    | 23 ++++++++++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-stm32.c  | 19 ++++++++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sunxi.c  | 26 +++++++++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |  1 -
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c  | 33 +++++++++++++++---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.h  |  2 ++
 13 files changed, 215 insertions(+), 63 deletions(-)

-- 
2.7.3