Subject: Re: [PATCH net] ftgmac100: Mostly rewrite the driver

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:03:07 +1100

On Tue, 2017-03-28 at 21:57 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> This is unreviewable.
> 
> You must break this up into small, reviewable pieces.
> 
> If you didn't save the steps of your work in that way, that isn't
> our problem.

That's not realistic, it would probably not improve the readability
much. I basically ended up rewriting the driver almost completely
Dave. It's not even a matter of saving my work steps, each of them
involved pulling appart an entire side of the old driver and re-doing
it. 

That's why I said it's better reviewed as a new driver. We have no
other user of it in the tree anyway.

Do you prefer that I submit it as a new driver for that IP block
instead and take out the old one later ?

Cheers,
Ben.